April 19, 2024, 12:30:18 am

Offline Kaiser

Started by K.C. Magic Data, March 06, 2015, 06:16:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

K.C. Magic Data

March 06, 2015, 06:16:44 pm Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 06:25:47 pm by K.C. Magic Data
Some of you may remember the day when my Kaiser software was strictly played offline and you didn't have the ability to play over the internet.

I get asked on many ocassions for my older versions of Kaiser such as Kaiser II simply because they prefer not to play with others or online.
The problem with the previous version of Kaiser II is that it was written in 1996 for a 16 bit Microsoft Windows OS only.Today Microsoft Windows comes in a 64 bit versions of XP, 7 and 8 as standard because of the 3gb memory limitation. You can still get Windows XP, 7 and 8 as a 32 bit version and Kaiser II will run on it but Windows 8 disables 16 bit applications by default and it needs to be installed differently. But the fact is a 64 bit OS will not run 16 bit applications and that is why Kaiser II was discontinued and replaced with Kaiser Network the online and offline version. I also discontinued Kaiser II because it did not play a perfect game of Kaiser like the current version does.

Yes Kaiser Network can be played offline. However It still requires a membership and that you log in but i designed it to play from local networks directly too. Just seems no one ever found that feature useful.

Here is how:

1) Log into the community

2) Press the Community button on the right and choose Disconnect from Community

3) Press the Host button on the right and choose Direct network Game

You can also play "Single Player (Invisible)"

1) Log in to the community

2) Press the Host button on the right and choose "Single Player (Invisible)"

over all you can play alone and not be bothered. I was considering a new seperate release of the game that would not require a log and it would be offline only I may do that this year and see how it goes. I might even put it back in stores again as offline play with option to play online.

Let me know what you think or suggest.

Kevin
Kevin S Currie