April 19, 2024, 11:03:26 pm

BRB

Started by foreveryoung, September 20, 2012, 03:59:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

foreveryoung

Kevin, I have noticed that a few players on the site will quite often use the BRB button when the hand isn`t going the way they would like.  I was under the assumption that because you still collected neg points while on BRB, that it affected your average as well.  I have been told that is not so.  Kevin, have you ever considered changing this.  If so, and you havent changed it, what are your thoughts on it.

madreaper

September 20, 2012, 05:32:09 pm #1 Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:32:38 pm by madreaper
This is such an irritating practice - many participants are constantly popping in and out of brb when they're about to lose their bid or their game.  If in fact they are saving their average from negative feedback, then these people are showing inflated averages while the rest of us stay at the table and take our licks. There must be a way to get around this.

K.C. Magic Data

This is not true.....

All Negative points are accumulated at the end of the hand.
No Positive points are added.

It has been this way since the very beginning.
KC
Kevin S Currie

madreaper

If you're on brb when you win or lose a hand, how does it affect your average?

K.C. Magic Data

The truth about BRB is that it was to be used as a option to keep the game going. It been there since the start of the game. If you take the 3 while on BRB then it is the same as not being on BRB. Dont make the bid on BRB and it still counts the same. Take the 5 while on BRB and you get nothing for it. As i mentioned... no positive points count and all negative points do count. That does affect your average.   So if a person wants to beleive they are gaining by using this feature then let them.... you can sit back and laugh ;D.
Kevin S Currie

madreaper

Thanks Kevin, good to know.

foreveryoung

thanks for clearing that up Kevin, appreciate it.