April 19, 2024, 05:28:52 pm

Points for a kaiser

Started by bad4ubabe, May 13, 2009, 09:17:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bad4ubabe

Kevin in the last game of the first tourney  Montey and I were p's.  He bid nt and we made it but neither of us got credit for it in the tally box. Was  wondering what may have happened. Would you please check it out for us? Thx  bad4ubabe and Montey

K.C. Magic Data

In the Points Tournament you do not earn points from what your partner does. This is because it is a random partners and in fact you are also competing against your partner for overall for points. So if they bid No Trump and you make the bid you do not get the No Trump points only the bidder does.
Kevin S Currie

bad4ubabe

Why didnt he get the 5 points for a kaiser then?

K.C. Magic Data

We have to assume he did because i cannot check if he did or not.
Kevin S Currie

hwheels

That is one reason why i hate the points tourny.  Its like 3 against 1.  I could win more tournies(except lately..lol) if I took my partners bid from them, but I don't cause I personally hate it.  If my p bids I let them have it even if I have a good hand, unless I have a no-hand then i'll take it.  To many times in the points tourny I see people ruining there p's bid because they want the points for themselves.

Anyways thats just my 2 cents.
'How can we be Lover's if we can't be Friends.'

K.C. Magic Data

That is true, but you need to use strategy to earn points and taking your parnters bid is fair play. If you dont make that bid then you have done more damage to your self and your parnter looses nothing because of it.
Kevin S Currie

bad4ubabe

We dont have to assume that he did.... I ask him afterwards and he didnt!!!!!!    I wouldnt have brought iy up otherwise      thx