March 28, 2024, 04:55:00 am

VOTE for nightly tournaments.

Started by K.C. Magic Data, June 20, 2015, 05:59:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

just_ol_me

i love it Kevin,, great idea!! something different

dotty

KEEP THEM THE WAY THEY ARE. BUT AT 7 AND 9. GOOD LUCK WITH MAKING EVERYBODY HAPPY. ;D

K.C. Magic Data

Another thought to mull over is a Points Tournament still, but each person plays with a Computer Partner. The point system would change to team pointing instead of individual. If your partner made their bid then you would earn those points. We all know how good those computer players are right ....
I'm pretty sure that would eliminate any way of cheating. I think games might complete faster also. I dont want to totally scrap the points tournament just yet because looking at the voting there is still interest in it. Isn't this how many of you play tournaments in person? You bring your own partner but play for points. The problem with these online tournaments is the cheating factor. There is no way for this program to control it other than Bot Partners. Bots dont cheat therefor a human can't.

I still have to find the disconnection problem first, but thats underway.
Im pretty sure the times will change to 7 and 9 simply because it affords everyone in Canada the opportunity to play both.

K
Kevin S Currie

foreveryoung

I haven't had any issues with cheating in the points tournament.  The issue is individual scoring.  In live tournaments we DO NOT take our on partner, partners are random each game.  The only points that are kept are the points that you and your partner make in a game.  There is no need to keep track of who takes the 5 or the 3, how many tricks you've taken or even who wins the game.  It's all about you and your partners points at the end of an 8 or 10 hand game. The game isn't over at 52, it's over at a predetermined 8 or 10 hands. 

K.C. Magic Data

The Tournaments will change to 7 and 9 pm soon.   ;D
Kevin S Currie