Disconnections in tournaments - Protocol

Started by Soul, March 29, 2015, 11:20:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Soul

To report, or not to report.  That is the question....  :-\

Good evening. :)  Once again, our team is subject to the ole "not letting you back in the game" trick. 
As this has already been reported, going forward, I would like to know what the protocol is.

Upon re-entering the room and requesting a seat during a game that has already started, what does one do if the host does not let you sit?
Do we just sit there and take it?  Does my partner refuse to play?    Or do we "tattle" like little kids at school?  It seems absurd to even be discussing this.

As we are all adults, is it possible to perhaps behave in such a manner?    Disconnections happen.  Patience and good sportsmanship go a long way.
Would you not rather win honestly?    8)

K.C. Magic Data

The protocol is the same as it is in the regular games and community:

"The Host is responsible for what happens in their room."

As you are all aware of the control that a Host has such as removing players from Seats and their Room.

You can join a room at any time but you can only take a seat in between hands, not in the middle. If you request a seat then the Host is notified after the hand that a seat was requested and in a tournament room is Obligated to open that seat again. Tournaments require that everyone playing  participate in the same manner. If everyone follows the rules then the Tournaments work. People tend to act differently online then they would in person. Nothing i can correct.

There are features of the Tournament that were added for emergencies yet some players find enjoyment in abusing them such as "Requesting the next schedule" or "Vote to eject" a player. If enough players request the next schedule and it comes before everyone has finished with the previous schedule then the entire Tournament is screwed. If enough players vote another player out then the Server will boot them. These were not features added for amusement or to satisfy boredom and impatience.

The general Rules are posted every time you join a Tournament.
Here are the full rules. http://www.kaisergame.com/Home/Kaiser/Tournaments.html

Doesn't hurt when the long term members who have played tournaments since the beginning take control and assist the newbies.

Kevin S Currie

cat

cat

have 3 ten oclock style tournies at 6 8 and 10

K.C. Magic Data

The Elimination Tournaments can take longer than 2 hours. The amount of time to complete is always different depending on the # of players.
The problem would be not having enough players to start each tournament.
Kevin S Currie

cat

i have never seen the 10 oclock tourny go past midnight. Maybe try different things before dismissing them and see how it works first.

K.C. Magic Data

There was a previous post for time changes to the Tournaments. I didn't see too much interest in time changes.

http://www.kaisergame.com/Forum/index.php?topic=863.msg3327#msg3327
Kevin S Currie

Soul

Definitely agree about scrapping the 8. 
I vote for two elim tournies, one at 8 and one at 10.

K.C. Magic Data

As you all should know the Tournaments were added for the players. I have no problems in adjusting the tournaments to satisfy the majority of the community. If you can get enough of the Tournament players to come forth and also agree to 2 or 3 of the same tournaments per night then i will scrap the Points Tournament. it really doesn't matter that much to me if thats what you all want. I will add the Voting poll here but leave it up to you all to get players here to vote. If there is enough interest then i will make a trial run.
Kevin S Currie

AllanG

June 20, 2015, 08:05:24 pm #9 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 09:02:07 pm by AllanG
I voted to leave the times and type of tournaments the same.

But I would like to see some changes made to the points tournament.  I do not agree the way the points are weighted.  The problem is that the hands are not given enough points compared to each trick.  The hand is worth one point for winning, one point for setting (X2) and -1 for losing.  Each trick is given one point so the daring bidder is rewarded with several points on tricks but only loses one point for getting set.  How about giving four points +/- for winning or losing a bid and two points (given to each setter) on a set?  The way it is now a single game with 10 hands issues 80 total points for tricks but only about 20 points +/- for the hands.  The current way of doing it rewards the aggressive bidders so I confess this is partially a selfish desire on my part since I prefer a more defensive style of play.  Testament to this is that I have never won an early tournament.

Despite the fact I would win more overall points with two elimination tournaments the way it is now, I still like the points tourney due to the greater number of partners I play with so I can meet more people - good for new players too.