April 18, 2024, 04:18:45 am

Satellite internet

Started by AllanG, March 21, 2012, 09:57:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanG

I am considering switching from dial up to satellite internet (Galaxy Broadband).  I am concerned about possible problems with online gaming as they state in their promo literature, "expect a delay of about 500 to 800 milliseconds or approximately one half second to the overall response time between your computer and a host site or Web server.  Consequently, Satelitte internet may not be ideal for some on-line gaming ..."  Can anybody give me feedback on this?  I also understand Shaw Direct (Satellite TV) is currently getting into the satellite internet service as well.  Feedback?

foreveryoung

Shaw Direct, uswed to be "Star Coice", tole me back in 2000 that they would soon have aan internet service.  You would almost think they were run by the govt. with the speed at which they work.

K.C. Magic Data

You wont notice the delay. Kaiser does not require a very fast internet because there is very little information being exchanged. It does however depend on a solid "Connection". If there is any connection drop for even that 800 milliseconds then Kaiser will either Disconnect as many players have experienced or you will notice strange behaviors such as cards and game are out of sycn. Kaiser requires a constant connection to the server and to the Room your playing in.
Kevin S Currie