May 18, 2024, 07:47:42 pm

tournament loop hole

Started by foreveryoung, October 01, 2010, 10:57:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

foreveryoung

In the late tourney tonight, the host of the talbe disconnected on purpose before the game was over.  He was gone when we got back to the lobby but his p was still there.  I asked him about it later and he said , yes, he was playing like shit and so he wanted to give his p another chance.  I realise you did that in the programming to ensure that if the host disconnects, his p doesn't lose out as well.  Any way to address this?

K.C. Magic Data

There are some parts of a tournament that do require human control and that would be 1 of them.
The game cannot ever decide when the disconnect was intentional or accidental.

What happens at the live Tournaments? Is there anyone there that monitors and controls cheating?
I played in a tournament 10 years ago and played against a team that cheated the entire game but im not going to stand up and yell at them and call them cheaters. Just wouldnt happen.
Its funny how hiding behind a computer screen causes people to do things they wouldnt do in person.

What was the persons name that did this? Lets post it publicly on the Forum and in the Tournament Lobby...And if it continues i can bann them from Tournament playing.
Kevin S Currie

foreveryoung

thank you for your reply Kevin.  I will post the name if it happens again.